blob: 0d8f4d6e9fa5afccf69b711b23df877263b437f2 (about
WRITTEN BY RENE MOLENAAR ON�05 APRIL 2011. POSTED IN�REDISTRIBUTION
You have been a network engineer as long as you can remember. Recently the company experienced a network failure and your colleagues have blamed you for misconfiguration of the routers. As a result you are taken to a mental institution and it seems your networking days are over...however during your sleep you are being plagued by nightmares about redistribution�scenarios. Let's see if you can suckerpunch this one!
* �All IP addresses have been preconfigured for you:
L0: x.x.x.x /24, for example 188.8.131.52 for router 1.
* EIGRP�AS 123 has been preconfigured on router BabyDoll,SweetPea and Rocket.
* OSPF�Area 0 (Process 234) has been preconfigured on router SweetPea, Rocket and Blondie.
* EIGRP AS 356 has been preconfigured on router Rocket, BlueJones and Amber.
* RIP�Version 2 has been preconfigured on router Blondie, Amber and WiseMan.
* Router BabyDoll's loopback0 interface is advertised in EIGRP AS123.
* Router SweetPea's, Blondie's and Rocket's loopback0 interfaces are advertised in OSPF Area 0.
* Router Amber's and BlueJones's loopback0 interfaces are advertised in EIGRP AS356.
* Router WiseMan's loopback0 interface is advertised in RIPV2.
* Configure 2-way redistribution on router SweetPea and Rocket between EIGRP AS123 and OSPF.
* Configure redistribution on router Rocket between EIGRP AS356 and OSPF.
* Configure redistribution on router Blondie between RIPV2 and OSPF.
* Ensure you have full connectivity at this moment, every network / loopback should be reachable from any device.
* Remove the "network 184.108.40.206" command on router BabDoll and replace it by redistributing the loopback0 interface into EIGRP AS123.
* Do a traceroute from router SweetPea and Rocket to 220.127.116.11, you notice packets are sent through the OSPF network. Ensure they take the most optimal route to the destination.
* Ensure all traffic will be sent using the FastEthernet links. The�Frame-Relay�links should only be used as a backup when the FastEthernet links are down.