WRITTEN BY RENE MOLENAAR ON�16 JUNE 2010. POSTED IN�EIGRP
You and a colleague network administrator were talking about the scalability and flapping network issues that you have encountered in the past. Especially the stories about�EIGRP�stuck-in-active make you shiver...On your network you are using EIGRP as a routing protocol, and you have heard that summarization and stub routers might solve some of your problems....time for some good old lab action!
* Achieve full connectivity, every IP Address should be pingable from any router.
* When you ping 18.104.22.168 from R4 it should take the path through R2.
* Change the EIGRP Metrics so load/reliability are also used in addition to bandwidth and delay.
* Disable�EIGRP auto-summary.
* Create 4 extra loopbacks on R3:
Loopback10: 172.16.0.1 /24
Loopback11: 172.16.1.1 /24
Loopback12: 172.16.2.1 /24
Loopback13: 172.16.3.1 /24
* Advertise these networks in EIGRP, the routing table on R1,R2 and R4 should only show a single entry for these networks: 172.16.0.0/22
* Create a default route on R1, if you look at the routing table on R2,R3 or R4 it should show the default route pointing to R1.
* Change the bandwidth on R2 on FastEthernet0/0 to 100. Make sure you only see 1 entry for the 22.214.171.124 network in R4.
* Without modifying R2, make sure R4 has 2 entries for the 126.96.36.199 network, one by going through R2, the other one through R3. only use EIGRP or bandwidth commands to achieve this.
* Enable authentication between R1 and R2:
* Disable the link between R3 and R4.
* Make sure that when you type 'shutdown' on Loopback1 at R2, R1 will not send a QUERY to R3. (hint: to check this, do a 'debug eigrp packets query reply)
It took me 1000s of hours reading books and doing labs, making mistakes over and over again until I mastered all the routing protocols for CCNP.
Would you like to be a�master of routing�too? In a short time without having to read 900 page books or google the answers to your questions and browsing through forums?
I collected all my knowledge and created a single ebook�for you�that has everything you need to know to become amaster of routing.
You will learn all the�secrets�about�OSPF,�EIGRP,�BGP�and more.
Does this sound interesting to you?�Take a look here and let me show you how to Master CCNP ROUTE