blob: 364c73a16c4f18e49de895ff44f93a3ba4643a3d (about
EIGRP MD5 AUTHENTICATION
WRITTEN BY RENE MOLENAAR ON�30 NOVEMBER 2010. POSTED IN�EIGRP
Ben and Jerry are running their business from the north pole and have an icy request for you. They would like you to setup�EIGRP�(Enhanced Interior Gateway Routing Protocol) and make sure that all network updates are secure by enabling authentication...don't get cold fingers on this one, time to warm up the routers!
* All IP addresses have been preconfigured for you.
* Both routers has a loopback0 interface:
Ben: 18.104.22.168 /24
Jerry: 22.214.171.124 /24
* Configure the correct date and time for both routers. Just configure today's date/time.
* Configure EIGRP AS 12 on both routers, advertise all networks.
* Ensure you have an adjancency and routing information is exchanged.
* Enable MD5 authentication for EIGRP AS 12 with the following parameters:
Key Chain: GNS3VAULT
Key-ID 1: password chunky
Key-ID 2: password monkey
* Key1 should be valid from today until 15 minutes later from the moment you configure it.
* Key2 should be valid from today and will never expire.
* Ensure routing information is still exchanged between both routers.