blob: 8de2d186c189a602d4bfd81d170450c56ca3fbce (plain
EIGRP AUTHENTICATION ROTATING KEY
WRITTEN BY RENE MOLENAAR ON�16 DECEMBER 2010. POSTED IN�EIGRP
As the senior�security�officer you decide all routing protocols should be configured as secure as possible. The company you work for has a single vendor policy and since you only have Cisco equipment you are running�EIGRP�(Enhanced Interior Gateway Routing Protocol). EIGRP has more advanced features for authentication since it uses a key-chain. The key-chain supports rotating keys which makes it more secure than having a single static key. Before implementing this for your whole organization you decide to test your enhanced security in a lab environment.
* All IP addresses have been preconfigured for you.
* EIGRP has been preconfigured for you (AS12).
* Enable EIGRP authentication between router Jack and Johnson. Use the following parameters:
Key-chain should be called: GNS3VAULT
Key1: password VAULT
Key2: password SAFE
* Key1 should be sent until 9:00AM on the 2nd of february 2020 and should be accepted 15 minutes past this time.
* Key2 should be valid from 8:50AM on the 2nd of february 2020 and should be valid till the 1st of february 2021.
* Make sure routing adjacencies do not drop when the keys are switched.